This website is owned and operated by Australian Institute of Applied Mindfulness. We know that your privacy is important to you, and we are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected and your information is secure. We have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will be used only in accordance with this privacy statement.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE GATHER ABOUT YOU
Personal information that visitors submit to our site is used only for the purpose for which it is submitted or for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose, unless we disclose other uses in this Internet Privacy and Confidentiality Policy or at the time of collection. For example, we may need to collect information to provide you with further services or to answer or forward any requests or enquiries. It is our intention that this policy will protect your personal information from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable privacy laws. When you visit our website, our web server does not recognise or record any individual information about you, but does automatically record some general information:
• Your server address
• The date and time
• The pages accessed and documents downloaded
• The previous site visited
• The type of browser used
We only ask for personal information that we require. We’ll tell you what information we have recorded about you. If you would like any personal information changed or deleted, just ask.
WHAT WE DON’T KNOW, OR DO
• We do not know your name, e-mail address or phone number unless you give it to us by sending us a message, either directly or by signing up to our newsletters or purchase on-line.
• We will not sell, distribute, trade, lease or give away your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
• We do not disclose or sell your information to others for mailing lists or databases
• We will never pass your details on to another organisation
WHY DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION ABOUT YOU
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• to improve the content of our website by analysing what pages people visit
• to keep in touch with you
• for statistical purposes
• internal record keeping
WE MAY ALSO USE THE INFORMATION TO:
• customise the website according to your interests
• improve our products and services
• periodically send promotional email (from Australian Institute of Applied Mindfulness) about new products, special offers or other information that we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided. All emails will come.
• contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail.
WHO HAS ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION?
We only use your information internally within the organisation, and with other people or organisations who need to know it as part of working with us in our normal business activities (e.g. sub-contractors) who have signed an agreement to keep this information private. We do not share your personal information with others without your permission, except under these conditions.
• A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
• You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
• help us provide you with a better website, by identifying which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs.
• control pop-up windows, so that we don’t annoy you with lots of pop-up windows every time you visit the site.
• to keep track of your visit so we can correctly pay the affiliate a commission if you make a purchase and you have visited the site using one of our affiliate’s links
ACCESS AND COOKIES
• A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
• We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
We may provide links to Web sites outside of our web sites, as well as to third party Web sites. The content of these linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility for the conduct of companies linked from our website. Please be aware that once you use these links to leave our site, we do not have any control over those other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
If our information practices change at some time in the future we will post the policy changes to our website to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you please check back at our website periodically.
If we become aware of any ongoing concerns or problems with our web site, we will take these issues seriously and work to address these concerns.
CONTROLLING YOUR INFORMATION
You may restrict the collection or use of your personal information by:
• Using the one-click unsubscribe link found at the bottom of all email correspondence.
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at the details on our contact us page. For your own protection, we generally ask you to make this request in writing, so that we can verify your identity.
• If any of your information is incorrect or incomplete, if you want to know what information we have recorded about you, or if you want us to remove all information about you, please contact us and we’ll amend it promptly.
• If you feel that this site is not following its stated information policy, please contact us.
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT ONLINE PRIVACY
visit The Australian Privacy Commissioner’s Web site.
IN SUMMARY, WE VALUE YOUR PRIVACY and will only continue to correspond with you if either:
• you give us your e-mail address or postal address for this express purpose (for example, if you sign up to our newsletters, or courses, or free offerings, or request information about our products and services); or
• we have an existing business relationship (for example, you have bought our products or services)
PLEASE CONTACT US IF YOU:
• do not wish to receive such mailings in the future, please let us know by sending us
• have a concern or complaint, please contact us, using the contact link on the left hand menu