Enjoy your Continuing Professional Development
180 Hours CPD
The Master Practitioner of Applied Mindfulness Certification is designed for people who want to use the skills of mindfulness with others, either one-to-one or teaching mindfulness in groups. This Certification comprises all the elements of Level 2 of the International Trainer of Applied Mindfulness Certification. When you register for the Certification you receive exclusive bonuses that are not available otherwise, with access to extra CPD, mentoring and peer supervision.
In Level 1, learn what classical and contemporary mindfulness is and how it relates to all other types of meditation. Explore how mindfulness can transform your own life, and other people's lives, manage challenges and increase your communication skills and ability to lead others. Bonuses: 9 hours CPD for completion of assessment and reflective journal, membership of the AIAM community.
In Level 2, further deepen and extend your experience and understanding of mindfulness, building on the skills and conceptual understandings developed at Level 1. Integrate and become fluid with traditional mindfulness skills and concepts, and applied mindfulness skills as you start to teach mindfulness. Bonuses: 30 hours CPD for completion of assessment (reflective journal, research module, audio recordings) and Peer Teacher Training 6 month online masterclass and mentoring.
Attending silent retreats are a central part of offering mindfulness to others and an ongoing source of professional and personal nourishment and inquiry for mindfulness practitioners and teachers. This immersion in the practice makes it possible to engage skilfully with the kinds of dilemmas and questions that arise in people's practice. It also develops our own personal qualities of acceptance, patience, trust, non-striving, letting be and stability of mind. Most mindfulness approaches are drawn from the tradition of Insight (Vipassana) meditation, and insight meditation retreats are widely available in Australia. Even though you may have completed retreats in other contemplative traditions we ask you to complete a silent mindfulness meditation retreat as part of this applied mindfulness training process.
All courses and retreats include mindfulness practice and theory. Each offers its own unique content. For this reason each of the Level 1 and 2 courses and retreats can be completed in any order to suit your personal and professional development needs. To gain Master Practitioner of Applied Mindfulness Certification, you will need to have attended all Level 1 and 2 courses and retreats, and successfully completed all assessment requirements.
A Professional and or leadership background and an appreciation for integrity, vitality, compassion and wisdom provide good grounding for retreats, all of the Australian institute of Applied Mindfulness programs.
The Master Practitioner of Applied Mindfulness Certification Program is $6,995 (incl. GST) per person.
This fee covers:
• Attendance at the three Level 1 courses (MBCT - Mindfulness Essentials, Mindful Conversations and Mindful Leadership)
• Attendance at the two Level 2 retreats (In-Depth Mindfulness Retreat and Vulnerability & Strength Mindfulness Retreat), including food and share accommodation
• Cost of the Certification process
• Invaluable bonuses!
Please note this fee does not include airfares or other transportation to and from the course/retreat. Retreats can have extra costs e.g. restaurant meals, equipment hire, etc. See specific retreat page for details.
You can pay:
• $6,995 upfront now, or
• $670 per month (Total $8,040) on our 12 month payment plan
Master of Applied Mindfulness Certification
You are awarded your Master Practitioner of Applied Mindfulness Certification upon satisfactory completion of all elements of the training and assessment.
• Assessment criteria have been formulated with reference to the Mindfulness Based Interventions Teaching Assessment Criteria (MBI TAC).
• Assessment is based on emerging competencies, rather than a set amount of teaching or practice.
• Competence is dependant on various factors including levels of experience of mindfulness meditation and retreats, familiarity with movement practice as well as entry level teaching and clinical and/or leadership skills
• We envision that different trainees may require further ongoing practice, retreat or teaching work before they become confident in their role and in the skills, knowledge and wisdom involved in teaching and training.
• You will be advised if there are any steps of the Certification that you have to complete before submitting your final Certification materials.
In-Depth Mindfulness Retreat
|7-11th Nov||Victor Harbor, SA|
Vulnerability and Strength Mindfulness Retreat
|19th-23rd Sep||Victor Harbor, SA|