Format: ONLINE, 3 modules – 2 hours per module
Designed for: Certification students and those who want to apply Mindfulness skills with others.
Continuing Professional Development (CPD): 2 Hours per module.
Pre-Requisite: Each of the three Level 1 courses has the option of a Professional Applications add-on module. Attendance at relevant MBCT Mindfulness Essentials, Mindful Conversations, or Mindful Leadership is a prerequisite.
Dates: Two weeks after each Level 1 course completes (allowing time for reflection and practice).
Highly interactive add-on module
Mindfulness is about awareness, and insight into our own behaviour, which requires non judgment.
These powerful two hour modules give participants the opportunity to share their understandings of the theory, and ultilise their own personal learnings in order to help others use mindfulness tools in much more impactful and meaningful way. Each session will be open book, and each participant will be called up on to discuss fundamental theories models or give part of a meditation.
We’ve developed these modules because we all know that being in an online learning environment is fundamentally different from sitting in room with a group of people. While we get the advantage of being able to sit at home with our cuppa and not having to travel, in person group environments do open up a lot more opportunities for debriefing one another during the tea and lunch breaks, fitting in additional practice and staying back and asking questions, and observing the full body impact that the exercises and discussions are having on a range of people.
Peers will be immersed in a co-learning environment where they try things out, provide feedback and get to see how differently people interpret material and work with concepts and practice.
Who are these for?
– Modules for those who have attended MBCT: Essentials, or Mindful Conversations, or Mindful Leadership. There is one Professionals Applications 2 hour module for each of those courses.
– For those registered for Practitioner of Applied Mindfulness, Level 1 Certification, you will automatically be registered for this module. You will be have your L1 Assessment and be able to answer some of the questions in it after this module.
– This module will be recorded, and available to all those who are registered for two weeks after the class for anyone who cannot attend.
During this module you will:
– Practice teaching mindfulness exercises
– Learn why its important to learn how mindfulness applies in your own life
– Experience a range of different mindfulness meditations
By the end of this module you will:
– Know how to describe mindfulness to colleagues, staff and clients
– Be able to teach a simple mindfulness meditation
– Have clarified how you can use mindfulness in your practice
– Feel rejuvenated with increased self-awareness, balance and confidence
– Be ready to complete your Level 1 Assessment for those registered in the Practitioner of Applied Mindfulness, Level 1 Certification
Presented by Liana Taylor, MPsych, Clinical Psychologist
Liana is a clinical psychologist, relationship therapist, leadership coach, and an international mindfulness teacher. She offers some of the most forward thinking and in depth mindfulness training in the world. She has been in private practice since 1991, and has taught basic through to advanced therapeutic, relationship and mindfulness skills to thousands of professionals across Australia. Liana brings a wealth of experience and expertise, not only from clinical psychology, traditional and applied mindfulness, MBSR, MBCT, & ACT, but also as a qualified Couple Therapist, Narrative Family Therapist, Wilderness Adventure Therapist, Master NLP Practitioner and Executive Coach. As one of the most experienced mindfulness clinical practitioners in Australia, in her trainings you have access to some of the most powerfully synthesised concepts and practices across neuroscience, the wisdom traditions, clinical practice and mindfulness meditation.
How does it work?
– are strictly limited to a small group in order to support rich, interactive online learning.
– Online training is fundamentally different from ON-SITE training. Liana has delivered online courses for the past several years and is practiced at ensuring the group is engaged and interactive, understands the content, and can have their questions answered.
– Participants will be visible to each other as a whole group during each class.
– Classes are live, interactive, with audio and video on for group discussions and questions, and utilise break out rooms for small discussions and practice.
Fee (incl. GST)
$195 each course
Check out our other 3-day courses within the Practitioner of Applied Mindfulness Level 1 Program:
MBCT – Mindfulness Essentials
Please note that courses are run subject to enrolments meeting minimum numbers.