Mindful Leadership Online
Format: ONLINE 4 weeks x 5.5 hours
Designed for: Professionals, leaders and managers
Continuing Professional Development (CPD): 20 Hours
Pre-Requisite: Suitable for beginner to very experienced mindfulness practitioners
Dates: March 11th, 18th, 25th & April 1st (Thursdays)
Fee: ONLINE: $840 Standard | Early Bird $770
*To be informed of all offerings please sign up to our updates newsletter.
Learn a comprehensive framework for understanding and leading individuals and groups from a mindfulness perspective.
The Buddha offered a rich body of teachings for cultivating human wisdom that requires us to make wise decisions for ourselves and other people. These teachings included mindfulness. Leadership wisdom is an extension of human wisdom and requires us to make wise decisions based on the needs of our organisations, and our public, national and global environment. Often these decisions can only be evaluated over time and it is not so much about getting it right, but about doing the right thing. That is not always easy to understand or implement.
In this Mindful Leadership online course you will discover how mindfulness can help you understand and harness your strengths, and those of others. It will also bring clarity to areas of challenge. The more clearly you see, the more you develop your emotional intelligence, capacity to respect others, and ability to lead authentically.
Few teachings are more eye-opening and affirming than exploring our own personality style. As with all mindfulness training you seek ways to be more aware, accepting of what is, insightful, and stable of mind.
Far from boxing us into a mold, having models to help us recognise strengths, hopes and drivers, as well as areas of struggle for ourselves and others, and can be profoundly enlightening.
For one person for example, lying in bed late in the morning might be enjoying life, while for another person lying in bed in the morning is likely to be a sign of depression or something wrong. Some people run late because they are filled with ideas and generative energy and are not trying to be disrespectful, while for another running late is more likely a sign that something is not quite right.
Who is this for?
Mindful Leadership is for you if you are a health professional, a leader, or manager, and you want to:
Suitable for complete beginners through to very experienced mindfulness practitioners who report how freeing, and affirming this course is.
During the course you will:
- Explore 6 distinct personality models spanning East and West, across millennia, and covering business, spiritual development, personal development, psychological and medical concepts:
- Discover aspects of your self and others, that you’ve never seen or understood before
- Understand struggles with your self and others, with acceptance rather than judgment and blame
- See how shame and embarrassment can shroud your greatest gifts
- See the link between personality, pathology, values, and pouting!
- Learn how lack of affirmation of personality styles can lead to depression, anxiety and stress
- Uncover your own hidden strengths and honour your own leadership style
By the end of this course you will:
- Want to use at least 1 or 2 personality models to guide your own leadership
- Have identified your own personality style within several of these models
- Appreciate and honour your strengths and those of others
- Bring a greater sense of non judgmental awareness and kindness to your own struggles
- Increase your understanding and tolerance for others
- Feel the sense of affirmation that comes with recognising and normalising gifts
- Know how to lead and inspire others to action
- Have new perspectives on what it means to lead with respect, courage and authenticity
- Have increased your own emotional intelligence by understanding core tendencies, natural sensibilities and strengths of others
Presented by Liana Taylor, MPsych, Clinical Psychologist
Liana is a clinical psychologist, relationship therapist, a leading international teacher in the field of applied mindfulness, and an executive coach. She offers you some of the most forward thinking and in depth mindfulness training in the world. She has been in private practice since 1991, started Adage Psychology in 2000, Founded the Mindfulness Centre in 2006, Founded the Australian Institute of Applied Mindfulness in 2015, and has taught basic through to advanced therapeutic, relationship and mindfulness skills to thousands of professionals across Australia. Liana brings you a wealth of experience and expertise, not only from clinical psychology, traditional, and applied mindfulness, MBSR, MBCT, & ACT, but also as a qualified Couple Therapist, Narrative Family Therapist, Wilderness Adventure Therapist, Master NLP Practitioner and Executive Coach. In her trainings you will have access to some of the most powerfully synthesised concepts and practices across neuroscience, the wisdom traditions, clinical practice, leadership theory and Mindfulness.
How does it work?
Experiencing mindfulness is the only way to learn mindfulness. Just as we can read about a song, or a piece of music, but not truly know it until we experience it with our own senses, so too with mindfulness training. Like most skills, mindfulness improves with practice, and many participants return to this course again and again to deepen their knowledge. Mindfulness comes from the wisdom traditions, and as you delve deeply into mindfulness, you also understand more about how to apply mindfulness in clinical contexts.
- are strictly limited to a small group in order to support rich, interactive online learning.
- Online training is fundamentally different from ON-SITE training. Liana has delivered online courses for the past several years and is practiced at ensuring the group is engaged and interactive, understands the content, and can have their questions answered.
- Participants will be visible to each other as a whole group during each class.
- Classes are live, interactive, with audio and video on during class for group discussions and questions, and utilise break out rooms for small discussions and practice.
- In the small group, you will hear theory, be given cognitive models and maps, participate in around 20 of mindfulness meditation practices, take part in experiential exercises and discussions. You will be lead through these meditations/ exercises in exactly the same way that you would lead others.
– There will be some moving mindfulness exercises through each class, so you are not sitting still the whole time.
- You will receive a workbook in advance, and will want to have a pen to respond to exercises and note answers in.
- If you miss a class, there may be the option to access a recording. Classes will be recorded.
- There will be a short quiz in each class to check for understanding – as well as authenticate learning for those seeking CPD.
– Because online training is fundamentally different from on-site training, and you don’t get to debrief, network and share ideas with peers over lunch and tea breaks, there is a 2 hour Toolkit included for this class – particularly useful if you are using these skills with clients.
Dates: March 11th, 18th, 25th & April 1st
There will be a lunch break mid-class.
Fee (incl. GST)
Early bird price $770 – register up to four weeks before course starts.
- This course stands alone as an individual course to gain skills. It is also one of the three courses of the Level 1 Practitioner of Mindfulness Certification
- You can register for this course on its own
- You can register for the Practitioner of Applied Mindfulness Certification
- Because online training is fundamentally different from on-site training, all people who register for the Certification Training and do their courses online, will automatically be registered for the Toolkit Add-on
Practitioner of Applied Mindfulness Level 1 Program:
What people are saying about Mindful Leadership
“To be great mindful leaders, we first need to be mindful of ourselves, our personal qualities, strengths and our challenges. Commencing the discovery of who I am was both exciting and confronting, but I felt completely supported by Liana, Anna-Lisa and the whole group in such a safe and positive environment. Understanding the various personality types has helped me see how I fit in my leadership role with members of my family, my work colleagues and my clients. The guided meditations throughout the 3 days were all different and provoked differing responses. Having never meditated before I thoroughly enjoyed them.” Emily Archer – RN, Wellness & Lifestyle Coach.“(I gained) an appreciation that people operate in different ways, the triggers and strategies to improve communication in the work place”- Susan Cameron, Director Royal Adelaide Hospital Wellness Centre
Please note that courses are run subject to enrolments meeting minimum numbers.