Mindfulness Essentials: Online
Format: ONLINE, 4 weeks x 5.5 hours
Designed for: Professionals, Leaders and Managers
Continuing Professional Development (CPD): 20 Hours
Pre-Requisite: For beginner to seasoned mindfulness practitioners
Dates: Watch this space, next dates soon to be confirmed
Fee: $840 Standard |
NB this course is also available ON-SITE in Adelaide as 3-day intensive
Mindfulness can transform lives.
Mindfulness helps us create calm, clarity of mind and optimism.
Our sense of inner peace and fulfilment is very much determined by our thoughts, beliefs, feelings, actions and habits. Neuroscience shows us that subtle inner conflicts operate on a subconscious level and generate a background of unease in the nervous system, otherwise known as stress! It is often not until the inner conflicts become louder and enter our awareness through anxiety, stress, burnout, pain, distress, depression, panic and illness, that we realise our current habitual coping strategies are no longer working.
This practical Mindfulness Essentials: Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Training (MBCT) Online course applies the latest neuroscience and the robust theory and practice of Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, and combines it with mindfulness meditation and Positive Psychology to help realise potential and learn self-acceptance.
Everyone would like to be calm and clear in them-selves. As a person in a position of influence, you want this for yourself, but may want to help others achieve the same.
Whether you are a complete beginner, or an experienced practitioner, this course will teach you what mindfulness is and what it isn’t. Learn to be present, sharpen your focus, gain deeper self-awareness, and be kinder to yourself in day-to-day living, and see this transform your personal and professional life.
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Training (MBCT) extends the state of the art Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Therapy taught globally for managing stress, anxiety, depression, pain and ill health. Recommended by the National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (UK) as a treatment of choice for depression, there is a rapidly growing body of research showing that mindfulness training is a prophylactic for stress, improves mood, working memory, enhances the neuro-plasticity of the brain, and cultivates self compassion (The Advisory Journal for the Joint Chiefs of Staff, US Defence Force).
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Training (MBCT) incorporates elements of Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Dialectical Behaviour Therapy (DBT) to aid conceptual understanding and equips you with more tools for yourself and those you work with. This experiential course is highly practical and flows between mindfulness meditations, exercises, teaching and discussion. You will learn formal and informal mindfulness meditations giving you the skills to quieten the chatter of the mind, be more accepting and happy, and make wiser decisions.
Who is this for?
Mindfulness-Based Cognitive Training (MBCT) is for you if you want to bring the heart and clarity of mindfulness to your work and your own life. You may have just heard of mindfulness, are curious, and want to learn why this concept is popping up everywhere and see how it is relevant to you. You may want to embody the practice developing your own focus and inner peace, or bring calmness and clarity to your work and leadership, or teach and share mindfulness with your clients. Complete beginners through to very experienced mindfulness practitioners report how rejuvenated they felt and how much they gained from the synthesis of neuroscience, the wisdom traditions, clinical practice and mindfulness meditations in this course, which changes forever how we see the workings of our own mind, and our own habits.
I’m usually 15 steps ahead, now there is less chatter, I recognise this moment is important, and I relax more – Participant
|Module 1:||Mindfulness, Neuroscience & Cognitive Behaviour Therapy|
|Module 2:||Types of Meditation|
|Module 3:||Mindfulness for Coming into the Senses|
|Module 4:||Mindfulness for Preventing Overwhelm & Staying Present|
|Module 5:||Mindfulness for Navigating Pain & Difficult Emotions|
|Module 6:||Mindfulness for Stress, Anxiety & Depression|
|Module 7:||Bringing it Together: Mindfulness of Breath, Sounds, Body, Emotions, & Mind|
|Module 8:||Cultivating Positive Attention & Vision|
|Module 9:||Understanding triggers, Developing a Wise Action Plan|
During the course you will:
– Why mindfulness has become so significant in health, education and leadership what mindfulness is, and what it is not
– What mindfulness is, and what it is not
– How to be fully present in the here and now
– How to use mindfulness to alleviate stress and worry
– How to be less judgmental, and more kind to yourself and others
– A range of different mindfulness meditations
– A range of mindfulness exercises for self awareness
– Subtle aspects of your own mind, including blind spots
– How coming into the senses helps with depression, anxiety, pain, and unpleasant emotions
– New ways to respond to unwanted thoughts and feelings, including judgments and criticism
– How to develop stability of mind and a peaceful heart
By the end of this course you will:
– Know what mindfulness is, and where and why you would use it
– Have a range of mindfulness tools to use for yourself and with others
– Understand how mindfulness cultivates self – compassion, openness, curiosity and empathy
– Feel rejuvenated with increased self-awareness, balance and confidence
– Be quipped with the tools that help you stay focused on what matters, directed and present, even when others are not
– Understand how practising mindfulness requires discipline and enables discipline
– Be more able to act rather than react under pressure
– Know how to use mindfulness to manage challenges
– Understand how mindfulness and kindness are synonymous, and what difference that makes
– Have tools to prevent overwhelm and burn-out
– Be able to generate more calm and peacefulness in your daily life
– Understand how mindfulness can transform lives
Presented by Liana Taylor, MPsych, Clinical Psychologist
Liana is a clinical psychologist, relationship therapist, leadership coach, and an international mindfulness teacher. She offers some of the most forward thinking and in depth mindfulness training in the world. She has been in private practice since 1991, and has taught basic through to advanced therapeutic, relationship and mindfulness skills to thousands of professionals across Australia. Liana brings a wealth of experience and expertise, not only from clinical psychology, traditional and applied mindfulness, MBSR, MBCT, & ACT, but also as a qualified Couple Therapist, Narrative Family Therapist, Wilderness Adventure Therapist, Master NLP Practitioner and Executive Coach. As one of the most experienced mindfulness clinical practitioners in Australia, in her trainings you have access to some of the most powerfully synthesised concepts and practices across neuroscience, the wisdom traditions, clinical practice and mindfulness meditation.
How does it work?
Experiencing mindfulness is the only way to learn mindfulness. Just as we can read about a song, or a piece of music, but not truly know it until we experience it with our own senses, so too with mindfulness training. Like most skills, mindfulness improves with practice, and many participants return to this course again and again to deepen their knowledge. Mindfulness comes from the wisdom traditions, and as you delve deeply into mindfulness, you also understand more about how to apply mindfulness in clinical contexts.
– are strictly limited to a small group in order to support rich, interactive online learning.
– Online training is fundamentally different from ON-SITE training. Liana has delivered online courses for the past several years and is practiced at ensuring the group is engaged and interactive, understands the content, and can have their questions answered.
– Participants will be visible to each other as a whole group during each class.
– Classes are live, interactive, with audio and video on for group discussions and questions, and utilise break out rooms for small discussions and practice.
– In the small group, you will hear theory, be given cognitive models and maps, participate in around 20 of mindfulness meditation practices, take part in experiential exercises and discussions. You will be lead through these meditations/ exercises in exactly the same way that you would lead others.
– There will be some moving mindfulness exercises through each class, so you are not sitting still the whole time.
– You will receive a workbook in advance, and will want to have a pen to respond to exercises and note answers in.
– If you miss a class, there may be the option to access a recording. Classes will be recorded.
– There will be a short quiz in each class to check for understanding – as well as authenticate learning for those seeking CPD.
Dates: Next dates to be confirmed very soon, watch this space.
There will be a lunch break mid-class.
Fee (incl. GST)
– This course stands alone as an individual course to gain skills. It is also one of the three courses of the Level 1 Practitioner of Mindfulness Certification
– Register for this course
– Register for the Practitioner of Applied Mindfulness Certification
|Check Dates for all Courses and Register|
What people are saying about MBCT
“A fabulous smorgasbord of ideas about what it means to be a soulful human being in the twenty first century. I greatly appreciated Liana’s organic connection of ideas, and their natural flow when seen as a complimentary cluster. Experiencing Liana’s working method first-hand helped me to consolidate much of my own professional thinking” D.H. Adelaide
” I have been able to process the thoughts in my head and work out why sometimes I think things that may not be of value, whether that’s about how others perceive me or judging my own actions. My head feels clearer and I’m super grateful for that! - past participant
“I learnt the value of discipline, and that when I was kind and compassionate to myself it was easier to learn” - past participant
Please note that courses are run subject to enrolments meeting minimum numbers.