Enjoy your Continuing Professional Development
300 Hours CPD
The International Trainer of Applied Mindfulness Certification Program is designed for people who are specialising in their field and potentially leading others and/or training other people to teach mindfulness skills. This certification gives you firsthand experience of mindfulness in action. By enrolling for the certification program you have access to extra CPD with mentoring and peer supervision. Certification is offered upon successful completion of all examination and assessment tasks.
In Level 1, learn what mindfulness is and how it relates to all other types of meditation. Explore how mindfulness can transform your own life, and other people's lives, through your communication and ability to lead others. Bonuses: 9 hours CPD for completion of assessment and reflective journal, membership of the AIAM community. In Level 2, further deepen and extend your experience and understanding of mindfulness, building on the skills and conceptual understandings developed at Level 1. Integrate and become fluid with traditional mindfulness skills and concepts, and applied mindfulness skills as you start to teach mindfulness. Bonuses: 30 hours CPD for completion of assessment (reflective journal, research module, audio recordings) and Sanity Prevails 6 month online masterclass and mentoring. In Level 3, gain confidence in teaching, manage challenges, communicate in complex situations, build community and lead people. Bonuses: 30 hours CPD for completion of assessment (reflective journal, research module, video recordings of classes), and Leadership Wisdom 6 month online masterclass and mentoring, membership of the AIAM alumni.
Level 3, One 10 day retreat:
Adventure Contribution Retreat outside of Australia - 90 hours CPD
While most of our students have shown interest in the International Trainer certification, it is important that you find the right level of the program for you. This level of certification is not necessarily for everyone, depending on your goals. Completing Level 1 gives you Practitioner of Applied Mindfulness Certification, and completion of Level 2 gives you Master Practitioner of Applied Mindfulness Certification which may meet your needs!
Attending silent retreats are a central part of offering mindfulness to others and an ongoing source of professional and personal nourishment and inquiry for mindfulness practitioners and teachers. This immersion in the practice makes it possible to engage skilfully with the kinds of dilemmas and questions that arise in people's practice. It also develops our own personal qualities of acceptance, patience, trust, non-striving, letting be and stability of mind. Most mindfulness approaches are drawn from the tradition of Insight (Vipassana ) meditation, and insight meditation retreats are widely available in Australia. Even though you may have completed retreats in other contemplative traditions we ask you to complete a silent mindfulness meditation retreat as part of this training process.
Be the change you want to see - Ghandi
All courses and retreats include mindfulness practice and theory. Each offers unique content. For this reason each of the Level 1 and 2 courses and retreats can be completed in any order. However, we recommend completion of at least one other course or retreat before attending the Adventure Contribution Retreat (to complete Level 3 assessment you will need to have successfully completed all Level 1 and Level 2 assessments). Professional, management and/or leadership background and personal qualities of integrity, empathy and vitality provide good grounding for the the Adventure Contribution Retreat. Engaging regularly in a regular personal mindfulness meditation practice in a sustained way over a year or more will prepare you well for the 10 day intensive. Please call us if you are not sure.
The International Trainer of Applied Mindfulness Certification Program is $9,995 (incl. GST) per person.
This fee covers:
• Attendance at the three Level 1 courses (MBCT, Mindful Relationships and Mindful Leadership)
• Attendance at the two Level 2 retreats (Silent Retreat and Leadership Tango retreat), including food and share accommodation
• Attendance at the Level 3 overseas retreat (Adventure and Contribution Retreat), including some food and share accommodation
• Cost of the Certification process
• Invaluable bonuses!
Please note this fee does not include airfares or other transportation to and from the course/retreat. Retreats can have extra costs e.g. restaurant meals, equipment hire, etc.
See specific retreat page for details.
You can pay:
• $9,995 upfront now, or
• $957 per month (Total $11,484) on our 12 month payment plan
International Trainer Certification
You are awarded your Master Practitioner of Applied Mindfulness Certification upon satisfactory completion of all elements of the training and assessment.
• Assessment criteria have been formulated with reference to the Mindfulness Based Interventions Teaching Assessment Criteria (MBI TAC).
• Assessment is based on emerging competencies, rather than a set amount of teaching or practice.
• Competence is dependant on various factors including levels of experience of mindfulness meditation and retreats, familiarity with movement practice as well as entry level teaching and clinical skills
• We envision that different trainees may require further ongoing practice, retreat or teaching work before they become confident in their role and in the skills, knowledge and wisdom involved in teaching and training.
• You will be advised if there are any steps of the Certification that you have to complete before submitting your Certification materials.